12.05.2010

There's been a change in plans....

James and I have been through quite the up and down week! Thank goodness for blogging and be able to clear my head. For my readers- welcome to my brain, I won't be offended if you think I am crazy after this, I promise. For my future generations who will read this when it is printed in a book and passed on, please know that it is because of weeks like this that James and I somehow fall more in love than ever before and that I feel my Savior's more strongly than ever. I know that I am not asked to do more than I can handle and I know that if I turn to Him and rely in Him, He will help us make the right decisions.

So you've read about Crayola. Well she got fixed! I just don't know if she is mine anymore (she legally belongs to my dad) because Braden is getting his license pretty soon. I have now done about 24 hours worth of car shopping I think and let me tell you I hate it! If anyone has any good advice about picking out a car- please fill me in!!! How is it that I can choose something that I will be using everyday, that doesn't cost 20 bucks like a pair of tennis shoes? How is it that I choose a reliable vehicle that I can trust? How is it that I can find out I like something in a matter of minutes, have the deal work out, and then have no return policy?!
So there's the car situation.

Here's the change in plans.
All the way back to Thanksgiving.
James and I had originally planned on driving to Colorado to be with his family for Thanksgiving.
The weather had other plans in store. 
Enter: huge blizzard warnings. 
Enter: roads closed through the pass.
The ending? We can't go to Colorado. 
Don't get me wrong, I love being with my family during the holidays and we ended up having a great time!
I just wanted to get out of Arizona! and spend time with James' family- 
we miss them! 
So you've heard the saying, when a door closes, find a window? Or something along those lines, well 
James and I decided to invite his Dad's brother and sister and grandpa to come
to a second Thanksgiving dinner with us and James's sister and husband. 
I am SO glad we stayed for that one reason! 
We had a such a great time with his aunt and uncle (grandpa couldn't make it). 
It was so nice to be able to hear them reminisce about their childhood, and their favorite parts of visiting
family. I am such a sucker for old stories. Not to mention, some pretty darn good food was made. I also tried a new recipe for rolls and made a yummy apple pie. 

This Thanksgiving helped to remind me that family is so great. I am so blessed to be part of
 two families that love the Lord and love each other. I am blessed to have married a man who wants
to make those things a priority in life, and cares enough about me to 
help me to do better every single day. 
Isn't it great that we have a whole day to remind us of the things that make us who we are, the 
people that bring us great joy, and the blessings that are being poured upon us
everyday. 

So here is a look at our thanksgiving day.  












All in all- I fell so blessed to be who I am, in the place I am, with what I have, and the purpose that is in store for me. This is what I thank the Lord for everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment